As of this date, there are already numerous states in the US which legalized the use of marijuana. Those who approved its medicinal use argue that legalizing cannabis is the way to go because the marijuana plant has substances that may aid treatment of a range of diseases and symptoms. On the other side of the coin, there are proponents who propose legalization of marijuana because they believe that this can curb the opioid crisis.
In a study, it was shown that more than 200,000 people had already died because of overdose from a prescription opioid in the United States from 1999 to 2016. Due to this fact, both medical marijuana researches and liberal cannabis laws were explored to come up with sound insights on how to find a feasible solution to the opioid crisis.
On the other hand, there are still a lot of people, institutions, and groups who are against this idea. For them, instead of curbing opioid addiction, the legalization of weed is just a mere gateway to more cases of addiction, abuse, and overdose deaths.
~ Call Chapters Capistrano Today for more Information 949-276-2886 ~
Then again, despite all these arguments for and against marijuana, fewer studies have been devoted to finding out the reason why people smoke weed.
In this piece, we attempt to list down the reasons why marijuana users smoke weed, and in the process, help you form an opinion whether marijuana can give medicinal benefits or just pure illegal high.
- Marijuana offers medicinal effects. It is backed by researches that marijuana contains certain chemicals that can treat a wide range of illnesses and symptoms.
- Marijuana is taken because of the THC’s (delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol), the chief potent chemical in marijuana, effects. THCs are cannabinoid receptors which are centered and focus on such areas of the brain that are linked to sensory perceptions, time perceptions, coordination, concentration, thinking, movements, pleasure, and memory. THC allows cells in the body to release dopamine, thereby creating euphoria.
- Marijuana users smoke it to be relieved from anger, pain, fear, anxiety, and stress. People who are undergoing huge stress smoke weed to numb their negative feelings and retreat into a euphoric state, free from worries and pain.
- Some smoke weed because it is positively endorsed by pop culture.
- Users of marijuana have the low perception to harm, thus, making the person feel braver and invincible.
- There are also users who use marijuana simply because it is available and accessible. When they go to parties or when they hang out with their friends, marijuana is readily available.
- Users also use marijuana because they can’t ignore the pressure from their families and peers. Sometimes, the people that they look up to are using it. Hence, they end up being influenced.
- There are also people who were born with or who had developed a certain dimension of personality, like being unconventional, which makes them believe that the use of marijuana is not a taboo.
- Some also use marijuana because they were curious.
- There are those who use it to relax.
With all the reasons gathered from actual marijuana users, it’s up to you to decide which proposition you will take — marijuana’s use is limited to an illicit high or marijuana actually has some medicinal value.
Want more information about how Chapters Capistrano can help? Feel free to call 949-276-2886 and one of our addiction specialists will help get the information and help you need.