Admissions Information and Questions
Finding the path and gaining your footing on the road to drug and/or alcohol addiction recovery is a journey, and no one should ever feel they must do it alone. We are awaiting your call to answer any questions about our drug and alcohol treatment program. We will walk you through what to bring for your stay and assist with any other preparations. We have prepared a list of commonly asked questions below that should help to give you the confidence that Chapters is the best choice for you or a loved one.
~ Call Chapters Capistrano Today for more Information 949-371-4198 ~
- Driver’s license, passport or other government photo ID.
- A list of all your current medications and dosages. Please bring all of your current medications that you are taking. While in treatment, medications will be prescribed as needed by our consulting physician and observed by our nursing staff and house staff.
- The names and phone numbers of health care professionals, family members and friends you would like to be involved in your treatment.
- Cash for forgotten items and other incidentals. Our staff makes frequent trips to the store and clients have shopping time on Sundays.
- Personal toiletries. Make sure you bring your toothbrush, toothpaste, face wash, and any cosmetics that you would like to use. Toiletries should be alcohol free. Chapters also has a supply of toiletries should you forget something.
- Shoes for everyday use and shoes for exercise.
- Electronic devices. The use of cell phones, laptops, headset radios and cameras are permitted except during group and individual therapy sessions.
- Smoking and use of tobacco products are permitted only in designated areas outside the facility. Bring your own supply, but clients are permitted to purchase these products during their stay.
- Comfortable clothing. We have a relaxed, casual atmosphere where you can heal your body, along with your heart and mind. Make sure you pack exercise clothing, jeans, or casual wear to ensure mobility and promote relaxation. Weather in San Clemente is nearly perfect year round, but mornings can be chilly. We recommend bringing casual, comfortable clothing that can be layered.
- Pajamas and slippers. Remember that sleep is an important part of the body’s healing process. Bring comfy pajamas, slippers, and a bathrobe to help promote relaxed sleep. If you are a light-or sound-sensitive sleeper, you may also consider bringing a sleeping mask or earplugs to ensure deep and uninterrupted rest.
- Bathing Suit. While at Chapters you will have access to a pool, sauna, Jacuzzi, and of course, the ocean.
- Journal and books. Bring a journal or notebook (we will also supply you with one) so you can chronicle your thoughts and feelings during the recovery process. You may also want to bring books or magazines that you enjoy so that you can read in your free time.
- Mementos. Sometimes, when we face the road of recovery, the little reminders of home can make a big positive difference. Consider bringing a few mementos, such as framed photographs, a special knick-knack, or other minor decorations that may help make your stay more comfortable and inspiring.