Admissions Information and Questions
Admissions Information and Questions
Finding the path and gaining your footing on the road to drug and/or alcohol addiction recovery is a journey, and no one should ever feel they must do it alone. We are awaiting your call to answer any questions about our drug and alcohol treatment program. We will walk you through what to bring for your stay and assist with any other preparations. We have prepared a list of commonly asked questions below that should help to give you the confidence that Chapters is the best choice for you or a loved one. Feel free to read through some of our testimonials to see what our past clientele are saying!
Chapters accepts male and female clients at least 18 years of age. We are a dual diagnosis treatment center, so we treat individuals for drug and alcohol addiction, as well as underlying issues such as anxiety, depression, PTSD, and more. Chapters does not accept clients with severe physical limitations. Unfortunately, we are not equipped for severely handicapped individuals. We also do not treat individuals with severe psychiatric disorders that may require acute and prolonged hospitalization, or chronically aggressive individuals.
Do you have private rooms?
Ten of our eleven suites are private and they are available at a higher rate. This allows you to feel comfortable and at ease as you begin on the path to recovery. Chapters’ maximum occupancy is twelve clients.
Do you accept insurance?
Here’s a list of the insurance policies we accept.
Do you accept Medicare or Medicaid?
Here’s our Medicare and Medicaid information.
Can I bring my cell and/or laptop?
Yes. Because we understand that it is important for our clients to not feel cut off or isolated from the outside world, we allow you to keep in contact through an inclusive cell phone and laptop policy. Use of these devices is restricted during group and individual therapy sessions.
What is the weekly schedule?
Check out our weekly schedule here!
Is detox on site and included in the program cost?
Yes. Detox is covered in the cost of our program and all detox is performed on site. At most other centers, detox services are provided through a third party provider at a different (and usually less desirable) location. Emergency hospitalization is not covered in the cost of our program.
What is the refund policy?
Refunds shall not be given to clients who discharge from Chapters against professional advice, or who leave the program prior to their scheduled discharge date. Should it be determined, through clinical assessment, at any time during the treatment term that a client requires a level of care other than what is provided by the Chapters treatment program, the client shall be referred to an appropriate treatment provider. In such instances, Chapters shall refund, on a pro rate basis, all remaining / unused monies to the client.
Is smoking and/or use of tobacco permitted?
The use of tobacco products is permitted in designated areas outside the property.
Do you accommodate special dietary needs?
Chapters can accommodate specialized dietary needs within reason. Make sure you make us aware of any dietary needs prior to admission to our facility.
Can I bring my pet?
Because of the potential for client allergies and general health concerns, Chapters does not allow pets. Do you have questions or concerns? Our intake coordinators will answer them.
Are you or your loved one suffering from addiction?
Do you have questions or concerns? Our intake coordinators will answer them.
What to bring:
- Driver’s license, passport or other government photo ID.
- A list of all your current medications and dosages. Please bring all of your current medications that you are taking. While in treatment, medications will be prescribed as needed by our consulting physician and observed by our nursing staff and house staff.
- The names and phone numbers of health care professionals, family members and friends you would like to be involved in your treatment.
- Cash for forgotten items and other incidentals. Our staff makes frequent trips to the store and clients have shopping time on Sundays.
- Personal toiletries. Make sure you bring your toothbrush, toothpaste, face wash, and any cosmetics that you would like to use. Toiletries should be alcohol free. Chapters also has a supply of toiletries should you forget something.
- Shoes for everyday use and shoes for exercise.
- Electronic devices. The use of cell phones, laptops, headset radios and cameras are permitted except during group and individual therapy sessions.
- Smoking and use of tobacco products are permitted only in designated areas outside the facility. Bring your own supply, but clients are permitted to purchase these products during their stay.
- Comfortable clothing. We have a relaxed, casual atmosphere where you can heal your body, along with your heart and mind. Make sure you pack exercise clothing, jeans, or casual wear to ensure mobility and promote relaxation. Weather in San Clemente is nearly perfect year round, but mornings can be chilly. We recommend bringing casual, comfortable clothing that can be layered.
- Pajamas and slippers. Remember that sleep is an important part of the body’s healing process. Bring comfy pajamas, slippers, and a bathrobe to help promote relaxed sleep. If you are a light-or sound-sensitive sleeper, you may also consider bringing a sleeping mask or earplugs to ensure deep and uninterrupted rest.
- Bathing Suit. While at Chapters you will have access to a pool, sauna, Jacuzzi, and of course, the ocean.
- Journal and books. Bring a journal or notebook (we will also supply you with one) so you can chronicle your thoughts and feelings during the recovery process. You may also want to bring books or magazines that you enjoy so that you can read in your free time.
- Mementos. Sometimes, when we face the road of recovery, the little reminders of home can make a big positive difference. Consider bringing a few mementos, such as framed photographs, a special knick-knack, or other minor decorations that may help make your stay more comfortable and inspiring.
Chapters Capistrano strives to help people who are facing substance abuse, addiction, mental health disorders, or a combination of these conditions. It does this by providing compassionate care and evidence-based content that addresses health, treatment, and recovery.
Licensed medical professionals review material we publish on our site. The material is not a substitute for qualified medical diagnoses, treatment, or advice. It should not be used to replace the suggestions of your personal physician or other health care professionals.
Talk with one of our Treatment Specialists!
Call 24/7: 949-276-2886