Non Step by Step Rehab | The Best Non 12 Step Rehab in California
You know your use of alcohol or drugs has gotten out of hand, and you know you need help. It doesn’t matter how or why it happened: genetic predisposition, a prescription for chronic pain or depression, experimenting at parties. Addiction is a disease. All that matters is doing something about it.
You’re not the only one. A 2015 National Survey on Drug Use and Health found that 23.5 million Americans – more than 13.5 percent of the entire U.S. population – “met diagnostic criteria for a substance use disorder” for alcohol and/or any illicit drugs, including misuse of prescription drugs, and even more admit to use of illicit drugs or binge drinking.
Our professional and friendly counselors are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Only about 10 percent gets treatment. By looking for help, you’re already ahead of the pack.
Now that you’ve decided to get help for your substance abuse, you need to find the best treatment for you. Some people benefit from a step by step rehab program, such as Alcoholics Anonymous or Narcotics Anonymous. But they’re not for everyone, and they’re usually not enough on their own. You might want to consider non-12-step treatment programs.
Are You Looking for a 12 Step Alternative Approach to Addiction Recovery?
Countless people who have attended addiction treatment believe that religion will help to carry them through to sobriety. Many people swear by the 12 step process that is used in programs like Alcoholic Anonymous and Narcotics Anonymous. While these types of programs can be helpful to some, and have helped many, what about people that are looking for an alternative to the 12 step process. If you are looking for something different you can attend our addiction recovery rehab in Orange County, California. Our program focuses on improving your overall physical health through diet and exercise, improving your self-esteem without the use of religion and helping you overcome addiction through the use of a wide range of therapies.
Non 12 step programs have no formal definition but is something that many people opt to partake in and there isn’t one type of non twelve step treatment. Simply put that means that it isn’t a rehab program that abides by a 12 step formula. Some rehabs will take a scientific approach while others may decide to take a more holistic approach to their own unique form of treatment. The great thing about programs like these are that they cater to you as an individual instead of putting you through a program that was set up as a “one size fits all” type of treatment. When looking for addiction treatment it is extremely important that you explore all of your options and look at every treatment option available before making your final decision.
Now is the time to seek help. Call us today.
Why Does 12-Step Rehab Fail Some Individuals?
Twelve-step facilitation isn’t a treatment for substance abuse, nor does it claim to be, although it is sometimes mistaken for one. The purpose is to spend time with other people who also are substance abusers, share their stories of relapse and triumph, and act as peer pressure reinforcement or support and “work” the 12 steps. It’s a fellowship, a gathering of fellow substance abusers, none of whom are there as therapists or doctors even if they hold those professions. Twelve-step facilitation or something similar is often a useful adjunct to recovery.
Some people dislike parts of this stepped program. For one, 12-step programs are quasi-religious. At least half of the steps reference God, although some programs use a euphemism such as “higher power.” Atheists and non-Christians aren’t excluded. But if you’re not religious, or believe in keeping faith private, or if your religious experience is part of the source of your problem, you might not be comfortable with the 12 steps.
Others dislike the rigidness of the steps, which participants must complete and complete in order. The steps also rely heavily on asking for forgiveness and the strength to change rather than emphasizing personal responsibility and evidence-based substance abuse treatments.
What Are Non 12 Step Rehab Programs?
Broadly speaking, any rehab that doesn’t use the 12 steps is a non twelve step treatment programs, even faith-based rehabs. Many rehab centers in California offer multiple treatment options which tailor to each individual and their specific needs. They also offer treatment for dual diagnosis, a condition that includes two co-occurring problems that may be interrelated and requires treatment for each problem.
Non-12-Step Alcohol & Drug Treatments
These treatments include:
- Detox:. Before you can get well, you must cleanse your body of the problem substances. Sometimes it’s not safe to quit cold turkey. Medical professionals may need to gradually reduce alcohol and some drugs to prevent life-threatening withdrawal pains. It may even be necessary to substitute a weaker, less addictive substance – such as methadone or buprenorphine – during a transition period. Any drug or alcohol detox program will occur in our properly equipped medical facility.
- Psychological therapies: Although addiction is a disease with physical symptoms, treatment is primarily connected to the mind. Psychotherapy, in one-on-one and group sessions, can determine what led to drug addiction and teach new behaviors and new coping strategies to prevent a relapse. Therapies include cognitive-behavioral, motivational enhancement, contingency management, and community reinforcement.
- Physical therapy and nutrition: Addicts tend not to take care of their bodies or eat right. Getting well may include exercise, balanced meals, and better habits. Many rehab programs include a range of physical activities and a nutritionist on staff.
- Alternative therapies: Meditation, acupuncture, reiki, tai chi, yoga, and spiritual contemplation also are among the practices that can be a part of non-12-step rehab programs.
Non 12 Step vs. 12 Step
While both of these programs have a long list of advantages and disadvantages it is vital that you take an in-depth look into them so you can figure out which program will work best for you and your recovery.
Non Twelve Step Treatment Programs include:
- Professional Counseling: Generally speaking, because these rehabs utilize a more evidence based approach to their treatments, you’ll oftentimes experience therapy with a professional who is certified and licensed to effectively and properly help you overcome your addiction.
- A Large Variety Of Approaches: Non 12 step rehabs will somewhat adhere to a traditional 12 step approach but they will also provide you with a very individualized plan that will help you overcome your specific addiction while also addressing your specific needs.
- Dual Diagnosis Support: These rehab treatment facilities understand the need to integrate mental health treatment and psychological treatment into their programs. It is key to treat an underlying mental illness disorder in order to achieve total sobriety, a non 12 step addiction treatment center makes this a priority.
However, to be completely transparent, there are some drawbacks to a non twelve step approach:
- Available Locations: Due to the relative scarcity of these specific types of programs it can at times be difficult to locate or physically get to one. Chapters Capistrano knows this and can assist you with anything you might need in order to get you the help you need.
- Scarcity: Locating a rehab can be extremely challenging largely due to the fact that there aren’t very many available in comparison to the number of 12 step systems available.
What Happens After Our Non 12 Step Rehab in California?
Rehab isn’t the end of the road to recovery, just the start of it. The better substance abuse rehab programs offer aftercare: continued medical and psychological monitoring, plus some sort of support group.
Non 12 Step Support Groups
Here are some nonprofit support groups:
- SMART Recovery Self-Management and Recovery Training uses evidence-based behavioral therapies.
- Moderation Management: A support group for those who don’t consider themselves alcoholics but want to reduce their alcohol consumption.
- SOS Secular Organizations for Sobriety, or sometimes, Save Our Selves is a network of independent rational addiction recovery support groups.
LifeRing Secular Recovery was once a part of SOS. It is a peer-run addiction recovery group that offers face-to-face and online meetings and even e-mail contact among its members.
Why Should You Choose Chapters Capistrano?
Whether you want 12-step or non-12-step rehab, Chapters Capistrano can make you feel welcome. The luxurious, computer-and-cellphone-friendly oceanfront facility offers a range of treatment options, traditional and alternative, a flexible length of stay, and fully-licensed counselors, marriage and family therapists, and addiction specialists. This experienced staff will design treatments to suit your individual preferences and needs. On-site detox is available separately or as part of a longer treatment.
If you’re not sure that your insurance will cover your stay, we can check for you. We will work with your health insurance provider so that you can receive treatment, and all you have to do is verify your insurance with us.
Healing from addiction should be a complete experience that includes exercise, rest and relaxation, therapy, proper nutrition, and more. At one of the Best Rehab Centers in Orange County we offer deluxe services and amenities in all of these categories, because we look at recovery from a comprehensive viewpoint.
Private rooms and a small client base allow our patients to focus on sobriety and health on their own individual terms. Our maximum occupancy is six clients at a time, and our spacious facility makes our environment inviting for those who desire a more secluded setting for recovery.
Our individualized treatment services are tailored specifically to each of our clients. We’ll develop your individual plan to include services you prefer, including spiritual or non-spiritual approaches, personal or group sessions, 12-step or non-12-step programs, and much more.
We clearly detail our recovery packages, leaving no stone upturned and everything out on the table. We make sure that our pricing is clear and straightforward from the very beginning. We believe in complete transparency with our guests, from the very moment you consider Chapters for your luxury addiction treatment center.
Although 30 days is the average, we know everyone is unique and while some may need more time, other may need less. We’re more than happy to accommodate everyone based on their individual treatment needs. Whether you’re in need of 7-14 days of detox or 90 days of treatment, our schedule is open to you.
Talk with one of our Treatment Specialists!
Call 24/7: 949-276-2886