The addiction recovery and therapy process can sometimes be emotionally taxing for clients. At Chapters, our clients are not shut off from the outside world and we view extracurricular and external activities as part of the addiction treatment and recovery process. Moreover, we encourage our clients to be active participants in their addiction recovery and promote the fact that the outside world is part of a healthy addiction treatment regimen.
The Chapters’ philosophy is that activities help clients appreciate the simple, yet great, things in life.
Addiction Recovery Process
Many clients facing a stay in a drug rehab center have abused drugs or alcohol for years, and may have forgotten about some of the activities they previously enjoyed. It is our experience that when clients are isolated during addiction treatment, a return to the outside world can sometimes prove overwhelming. The drug and alcohol treatment experts at Chapters want all clients to have a smooth re-entry into life. Following the detoxification process, most clients are permitted and encouraged to participate in activities that Chapters offers and promotes.
- Acupuncture – Acupuncture has been used for the effective treatment of back pain, headaches, migraines, and sports injuries. However, in many cases acupuncture provides more than just pain relief. It is believed to also be helpful in treating anxiety, insomnia, digestive problems, abdominal and menstrual cramps, weight control, infertility, and more.
- Beach walks – A popular activity for people who enjoy the outdoors, San Clemente’s Coastal Trail runs 2.3 miles adjacent to the beach. The trail offers access to the historic San Clemente pier and T Street, as well as a beautiful beach that is popular with whale watchers, body boarders, and surfers. The Chapters’ treatment facility is located at the beginning of the Coastal Trail and we encourage clients who have finished the detox process to take advantage of this beautiful walk.
- Fitness – The benefits of fitness in addiction treatment have been well documented, and are particularly important for individuals suffering from drug and alcohol addiction. Exercise helps control weight, combat health conditions and diseases, improves mood, boosts energy, and assists in the production of endorphins. Moreover, exercise is very important as it helps to repair chemical imbalances typically seen in drug and alcohol abusers. Chapters offers daily weekday trips to the finest health club in Orange County: https://www.renaissanceclubsport.com/aliso-viejo. Chapters also has an on-site fitness center with cardiovascular and weight-lifting equipment.
- Yoga – Chapters offers and encourages yoga sessions for our clients. We want every client who is interested to experience the physical and metaphysical healing benefits of yoga. Stress is a normal part of life, but is a dangerous thing for individuals with addiction issues. When stress continues without interruption, it may manifest itself in the body and mind in a number of negative ways. Our yoga program is uniquely designed to assist our clients in managing daily stress and help improve overall well-being.
- Hydrotherapy – After a long day of addiction treatment, we invite our clients to slip into the on-site hot tub, which overlooks the Pacific Ocean. Regular hydrotherapy provides physical health benefits that go beyond relaxation and pleasure. Whether you are experiencing joint or muscle pain, having trouble sleeping, or suffering from stress, spending time in a hot tub spa can provide therapeutic benefits. Warm water massage also stimulates the body to release endorphins, which reduces stress naturally.
- Massage – Chapters offers on-site massages by appointment. Massage is proven to have many benefits and addresses problems regularly experienced by individuals suffering from addiction, including enhancing energy, improving sleep quality and concentration, easing medication dependence, lessening the symptoms of depression and anxiety, releasing endorphins, and exercising and stretching weak, tight, and/or atrophied muscles.
- Outings – After detox is complete, Chapters takes our clients on an outing each weekend. While our program is very structured during the week, we believe that there needs to be time for the clients to decompress from their treatment and just have fun. Weekend activities may include whale watching, ocean fishing, Go Karts, aquarium field trip, local festivals, movies, pottery classes, shopping trips, and more depending on the season.
Chapters Capistrano is committed to helping our clients take control of their lives and beat their fight with addiction. Contact us today for more information on the services and activities offered by Chapters or to learn about how healthy lifestyles and positive interaction can aid in the road to recovery.
Chapters Capistrano strives to help people who are facing substance abuse, addiction, mental health disorders, or a combination of these conditions. It does this by providing compassionate care and evidence-based content that addresses health, treatment, and recovery.
Licensed medical professionals review material we publish on our site. The material is not a substitute for qualified medical diagnoses, treatment, or advice. It should not be used to replace the suggestions of your personal physician or other health care professionals.
Talk with one of our Treatment Specialists!
Call 24/7: 949-276-2886