A common myth when it comes to drug addiction or seeking treatment is that you have to hit “rock bottom” before you’re ready and willing to accept help. However, everyone’s idea of what “rock bottom” is can differ – and you don’t necessarily have to get to that point to be ready for change. There are people who realize that their life is headed in the wrong direction and choose to get help before their substance use becomes more damaging.
Recognizing some of the warning signs and realizing that you have a problem can be the motivation you need to make a change. People seek out top rated drug rehab centers in California for many reasons. They may have reached their own turning point, or they may have been encouraged by others.
Signs You May Benefit from Drug Rehab
- You have a high tolerance for alcohol. Being able to drink a six-pack and hardly feel a buzz isn’t a good thing. It means that your body has built up a tolerance and you need more alcohol to feel the same effects that someone else would feel after drinking much less. Although there are many factors that impact how alcohol affects you, if you have developed a high tolerance, it could be a red flag for alcohol abuse or alcoholism.
- Substance use is affecting your job. Have you been chronically late to work or your performance is slacking? Has your boss started to notice the change? Chances are, you probably rely on your job to survive and need that income. Drugs and alcohol could be putting you at risk for losing your job or missing out on the opportunity for a promotion. Look in your company’s Employee Assistance Programs and see if your employer provides support for addiction treatment. You may be able to get the help you need without losing your job.
- Relationships with family and friends are suffering. Have loved ones tried to talk to you about your drinking or drug use and their concerns? Have they stopped hanging out as much and started to withdrawal? Do you find that you’re getting into more arguments lately? Drug addiction can put a serious strain on relationships and break down trust and communication. Seeking treatment can help you to build healthier relationships.
- Your health is deteriorating. Substance use takes a toll on your body. Alcohol can weaken your immune system and make you more susceptible to illness. While under the influence you may engage in riskier decisions that put your health in jeopardy as well. If your doctor is concerned about your health – especially your heart and liver – due to drinking, this could be a major red flag.
- Drugs have become a priority. When making plans to go out, are you preoccupied with thinking about when, where, or how you’ll next be able to use? Do you find yourself drinking at events even when others aren’t? If substance use is a part of your daily activities and at the top of your thoughts, this is concerning. A drug rehab program can allow you to regain control of your life and embrace a substance-free lifestyle.
- You downplay or cover up your substance use. Do you lie about how much you’ve had to drink or how frequently you drink? Do you make excuses to cover up for your actions or behaviors from when you were under the influence? If your substance use wasn’t problematic, chances are you wouldn’t feel the need to lie about it. If you can’t be honest with yourself or others, it may be time to seek help.
- You’re unable to cut back or quit on your own. Maybe you’ve tried to control your drinking or drug use but haven’t had much luck. It may only last for a few days or weeks and then you slip back into old routines. Professional treatment and support from a luxury rehab center can help you to change your thoughts and actions and get on the path to long-term recovery.
Finding a Drug Addiction Treatment Program
If you realize that you may have an addiction problem and are ready for a change, it’s time to start looking for a drug rehab. Confiding in a close family member or friend can provide you with the support and encouragement you need to follow through. They can help you check out your options and get things arranged. Find a treatment center that is able to meet your individual needs and creates a customized treatment plan that works for you.
Even if you’ve been to rehab before, it can be beneficial to try again. Not all programs are the same, and you’re at a different point in your life now. You have a better idea of what to expect and what you need to do for recovery. You’ll be able to learn new strategies and approaches for preventing relapse and implement them in your life.
Make drug addiction a thing of your past by contacting Chapters Capistrano at 888-973-0230 and learning more about our luxury rehab program. Create a treatment plan that fits your needs and goals and engage in a diverse array of therapies and activities to support recovery.